Thursday, October 26, 2006

Indoor Sports-From Dark Fields to Dark Gyms


I got an assignment to shoot a volleyball game Tuesday night. Shooting indoor sports means breaking out the White-Lightning monolights. I started using the lights to shoot basketball last year and liked the look I was getting compared to using available gym light. Granted, I just can't show up at a gym and start shooting....I have to take a couple of minutes and set the lights but it is well worth it. Instead of shooting at ISO 1600 or ISO 3200, I can shoot ISO 100, 200, or 400, depending on the way I position the lights. Gotta love that! I can't wait to put the lights to work again. I'm looking forward to a productive basketball season.

2 Comments:

At October 26, 2006 8:36 AM , Blogger Wingnut said...

Great shot, color and lighting! I wish I could work with images like this one all day at NSP, would make my job so much easier! Yep, we are crazy out of control busy there, but hey, it's job security! Should only be a few more weeks of it, but whew, I am mentally ehausted when I get out of there at 3:00!

 
At October 28, 2006 8:58 PM , Blogger Craig Mitchelldyer said...

that loks pretty good man.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home