Tuesday, September 05, 2006

What do you do when......

What do you do when you are at a shoot and both of your flashtubes from your lumedynes go bad? You use a Canon speedlight of course. Well that's exactly what I had to do today. When the first tube blew I packed it up and started using the other flashhead. Well then that one blew. I guess it is because of my powerpack. Anyway, I always have 3 speedlights in my camera bag but I don't always have the right cables to hook them up to the pocket wizards(it depends on the shoot that I will be doing). Today I had a cable in my camera bag....thank goodness. Being that the Canon flash isn't as powerful as the Lumedyne flashheads I had to bump the ISO up a few stops for some team photos. Anyway, I got through the shoot. Tomorrow I need to see what the problem is with the powerpack I was using when both my flashheads stopped working.

What do you do when you have to shoot a soccer game at 6:30PM and your 300mm lens is away getting repaired? You use a 70-200mm with a 2x teleconverter, get your shots really quick before the light fades and go home. And that's exactly what I did today. Sorry, I'm not up to posting anything tonight.

That was my work day in a nutshell.

4 Comments:

At September 06, 2006 9:57 AM , Blogger Richard Uhlhorn said...

Sounds like loads of fun Roland. At least you were able to handle the problems and get the job done.

 
At September 07, 2006 9:37 AM , Blogger TRM said...

I thought you just use the pop-up flash on the camera.

 
At September 08, 2006 5:25 PM , Blogger Brian Mc said...

Been there, done that. I've had so many days like that, where things blow and nothing works. That's when you get reeeal "creative"! Great comment too, TRM!

 
At September 08, 2006 9:00 PM , Blogger Roland Simmons said...

Pop up flash...only when all else fails!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home