Monday, February 27, 2006

This weekend....

I finally got to use my birthday present. For those that didn't know, my birthday was Valentine's Day. Jen bought me a Bogen Variable Friction Arm for my birthday. Actually I got it a week before my birthday. What the arm does is let you mount cameras, lights, reflectors, etc. at the angle that you need them. I used mine to mount a remote camera behind the backboard during a girls playoff basketball game Saturday night......Jesuit vs. Oregon City High School. This gave me some different looking shots compared to the same stuff taken from court level. Using a remote camera is hit or miss. You never know what you got until after the game. I ended up with 2 images from the remote that I sent in to the 2 papers I was working for...The Beaverton Valley Times and The Clackamas Review.

(Above)This is one of the images sent to the Beaverton Valley Times.

This image went to the Clackamas Review.

I made sure I got to the gym early, 2 hours early, in order to have enough time to get permission to use a backboard remote and to be able to set it up and make sure it was working right.

Sunday my father-in-law came over to give me a lesson on fixing brakes. When it comes to cars, I don't have a clue. The brakes on Jens car needed to be replaced. She took it to a MAJOR tire center here in Oregon. The estimate was outrageous. $180 just for the parts. I don't know if that price included stuff that MIGHT have to be replaced or what. All I know is that we needed new brakes. The brake pads cost about $25 and we did the work. Didn't take much time at all. For his trouble he got a really nice dinner (Jen likes to watch the Cooking Channel) and he got to take DeShaun home with him for a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home