Saturday, February 11, 2006

Wrestling

Friday turned out to be a long day. I covered the Three Rivers League District Wrestling Tournament for NW Sports Photography. I got a few good images. Some of the matches that I covered ended early due to pins. Other matches were tough to photograph due to having backsides in my face, either from the wrestlers or from the refs. Wrestling is a tough sport. Sometimes I feel sorry for the kids that are just outclassed and manhandled. Next week the state tournament starts and I will be there covering the event for 2 days. Wish me luck.

2 Comments:

At February 11, 2006 7:04 AM , Blogger Craig Mitchelldyer said...

Nice image, I'll be covering the finals of that same tourney tonight....and I'll be at Satate for all 3 days too, see you there!

 
At February 15, 2006 10:07 AM , Blogger Richard Uhlhorn said...

Roland, Nice shot. Your are right, wrestling can be a difficult sport to shoot. As for those poor wrestlers that have to wrestle up to more experience wrestlers... I guess that's how they learn. Sorta like playing chess with someone better.

Sorry you won't make the Mat Classic. Maybe we'll meet up in Yakima.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home