Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Another One Bites The Dust

So another cell phone has gone belly up on me. Not sure how many cellphones I've had over the years but it's been a few. I guess it was for the best because I was outgrowing that phone really quickly. I guess I just held on to it a little bit too long. It was a good little phone though.


My new Blackberry

So I decided to get a Blackberry. I also looked at the Treo line. I thought about the features I needed and the Blackberry fit the bill. One of the more important features was being able to use the phone as a modem for my laptop. I never know where the next assignment will take me. Once in a while there can be internet connection problems at the venue where I'm shooting. Or there is no connection at all. Being able to transmit from almost anywhere allows me to accept more assignments. I could use my previous phone to connect to the internet with my laptop but that was using Sprints Vision plan and it gave me dial up speeds. The Blackberry is on a data plan so it's pretty fast. The one thing i need to do is get it working with my iBook. I got it working on a Windows laptop but not my Mac. I'll figure it out real soon though.

On a side note, I updated My Sportsshooter Page with some images from a softball game I shot Tuesday. Take a look.

2 Comments:

At May 31, 2007 8:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Roland, Great job on the reunion pictures. Takes me back to when Mollie met her Birth mom. Would have been nice to know you then! You have no idea about how many beach pictures we have....
Seriously...Beachfest 2007! Too many. Way too many. I do love the coast though.

 
At May 31, 2007 10:34 AM , Blogger photowannabe said...

Congrats on your new purchase. My son had one and absolutely loved it. When he changed jobs he had to give it up since it was company owned. He really misses it.
Thanks for the comments on my recent post. I may have to do as you said and take some portraits with the perfect available light.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home