Monday, May 28, 2007

It's Been Too Long

I really hate it when I can't post anything to the blog. Either I'm busy or just plain lazy. This time it's been a little of both. I will try to get caught up a little with this post. Can't put everything I've been up to here, just some.




I had a really cool assignment. Probably the best one I've ever had. I got a call one Thursday night at about 10PM from a woman in Arizona looking for a photographer for her friend, Chris. Chris was flying in to Portland the following day to meet his biological mother for the first time. She lives in Portland but was flying in from Italy. He was put up for adoption 39 years ago. This is stuff that I see on TV and thought it would be great to be a part of this. The hard part was getting through the gate without a boarding pass. Chris was a smooth talker and somehow got me through. It was really a treat to witness this. I wish I had an assistant for this but it was very last minute. The lighting in the airport is horrible. Chris, when you come back to Portland give me a call.

Shot some golf........


Some tennis.......


Shot some little 9 year old baseball tournament.......


I shot some HS playoff baseball and playoff softball on the same day.....



And I just got back home Saturday after spending 2 days shooting the WIAA Track Championships in Pasco, WA....



I did some other shoots for NSP and for some newspapers and a little assisting. I will try to do a better job keeping the updates current on the blog. My next mission is to update my sportsshooter page....with some good images this time! Shooting OSAA HS State Championship baseball this week. Hope I get some good stuff there.

3 Comments:

At May 28, 2007 9:53 PM , Blogger Chad Oneil Myers said...

Great stuff here lately, man! I hope you're getting paid well, because you should be.

You're right, what a moment between that guy and his biological Mom, Wow! I would have been crying too if I were you...Did you cry too?

 
At May 28, 2007 11:19 PM , Blogger photowannabe said...

Just looking at the pictures of Chris meeting his Mom put a lump in my throat. Well captured.
Glad to see you back again. i enjoy your pictures.

 
At May 31, 2007 11:22 AM , Blogger sandy said...

Wow, great blog. If I could have a fantasy job it would be yours. To be a photographer and doing what you love to do..

great photos you have in this series. sandy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home