Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Vanessa Vortex

Had a really cool shoot on Sunday taking pictures of Vanessa Vortex, a clown/hula hooper/juggler/performer. She performs at some of the clubs in Portland and also performs at birthday parties. She needed some images for her upcoming website. We ended up shooting at 2 locations. The images at the train yard are from the last location. My Vagabond battery got it's first real workout. These images were lit with one sofbox. Hope you like. I will try to throw some more images from the shoot up on the web and share.




7 Comments:

At April 17, 2007 6:56 PM , Blogger TRM said...

I like the last shot with the "halo". Looks like it was fun.

 
At April 17, 2007 11:25 PM , Blogger Brian Mc said...

Dude, you so rock! Looks like a fun shoot, better than Saturday!!!

 
At April 19, 2007 8:30 PM , Blogger Chad Oneil Myers said...

Totally awesome portraits, man!

 
At April 19, 2007 9:10 PM , Blogger Wingnut said...

Way cool shots Roland, your angles make them fun, young and interesting, I like them a lot.

Ditto to your comment on my blog, I am actually working these days, not a lot of time for blogging! But I do stop in and peek to a lot of my old haunts, just not time to post like I would like to!

 
At April 19, 2007 10:10 PM , Blogger photowannabe said...

Delightful, fun shots. I'm sure they will be very profitable for her work.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Its been a while. zpicassa hasn't let me blog for the last few days. Hope I can get back in the swing soon.

 
At April 23, 2007 1:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,
I like your blog.
Please visit http://vanishreerajamarthandan.blogspot.com/ and leave comment if you are interested in link exchange.
Happy Blogging :)

 
At May 06, 2007 11:39 PM , Blogger Jason said...

Hey Roland,
These are Great! She must be really happy. I especially like the ones where is motion that has been frozen with the flash.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home