Sunday, February 25, 2007

Basketball Playoff Time

High School playoff basketball is underway. Saturday I covered a game for the paper. It was a great game. But it was in a really crappy gym. Small and dark....sucked up all my light. On one side of the court I had to clamp a flash to a banister and every time something exciting happened someone stood up and blocked the light. There was no way I could get the flash any higher. I was able to put a flash on a light stand on the opposite side and get it above heads. The only thing I had to worry about was someone kicking the light stand and moving it.

I decided to use my wide angle as my primary lens for this game. It worked out pretty well. Came away with some good images. I have another playoff game to shoot on Tuesday. Maybe I will try the wide angle as the primary again.


Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At February 26, 2007 12:11 PM , Blogger TRM said...

That's what I was talking about. Nice shots. Where are you shooting this weekend?

 
At February 26, 2007 8:47 PM , Blogger Craig Mitchelldyer said...

nice. those look great. now I'm going to have to drag my lights out tomorrow and make you look bad.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home