Friday, December 29, 2006

Les Schwab Invitational


For the past 2 days I've been covering the Oregon City H.S. boys basketball team playing in the Les Schwab Invitational. Thursday night they played against Oak Hill Academy from Virginia in the 2nd round. Oak Hill is the #1 ranked boys high school team in the nation by USA Today. Oregon City kept the game somewhat close in the 1st half but Oak Hill was just too strong, winning 98-71. Oak Hill is favored to win the tournament.

I was thinking about setting up a backboard remote for this game but got lazy and decided not to. Well, after getting the above image I wished I would have used a remote camera. I think that image would have looked cool shot head on.

Once the tournament is over I will add some images to my SportsShooter page.

3 Comments:

At December 29, 2006 9:38 AM , Blogger Wingnut said...

Hey Roland, thanks for the visit! If you're gonna catch Zoo Lights, you better hurry... It goes through the 30th. And dress warm, really warm! DeShaun will LOVE it I guarantee, I wish I had taken my walking stick with a tripod mount on it to help steady my camera... But of course I wasn't there for the photography! :)

 
At December 29, 2006 2:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great sports action shot as usual. You really have talent.

 
At January 09, 2007 6:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's going to throw that one DOWN! I like the how the defender is very hesitant, he know he can't stop him!

I'm a huge basketball fan, so I really connect with these images. Great job!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home